Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cracker Barrel Old Country Store as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.1 million.
- CBRL has traded 12,050 shares today.
- CBRL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBRL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CBRL:
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. develops and operates the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store concept in the United States. The company's Cracker Barrel stores consist of a restaurant with a gift shop. Its restaurants provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. CBRL has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Cracker Barrel Old Country Store a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has been 203,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 9.1% with 7.49 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Cracker Barrel Old Country Store as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR has improved earnings per share by 14.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR increased its bottom line by earning $5.52 versus $4.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.93 versus $5.52).
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 14.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.30 million to $39.19 million.
- You can view the full Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Ratings Report.