Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cracker Barrel Old Country Store as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.3 million.
- CBRL has traded 187,396 shares today.
- CBRL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBRL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CBRL:
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. develops and operates the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store concept in the United States. It operates full-service restaurants, which provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. CBRL has a PE ratio of 22.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cracker Barrel Old Country Store a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has been 164,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 4.9% with 5.65 days to cover. Shares are up 74.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Cracker Barrel Old Country Store as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CBRL's share price has jumped by 84.83%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CBRL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $101.80 million or 30.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.62%.
- CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRACKER BARREL OLD CTRY STOR increased its bottom line by earning $4.89 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $4.89).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.44 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Ratings Report.