Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CR Bard as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.7 million.
- BCR has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- BCR traded in a range 288.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.01.
- BCR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 32 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 32 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BCR:
C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. BCR has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CR Bard a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CR Bard has been 787,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. CR Bard has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 5.6% with 6.24 days to cover. Shares are up 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates CR Bard as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BCR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 72.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BCR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BARD (C.R.) INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BARD (C.R.) INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.76%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.56% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 63.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $90.70 million to $148.40 million.
- You can view the full CR Bard Ratings Report.