Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Corporate Executive Board as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CEB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.6 million.
- CEB is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CEB has a PE ratio of 68.8.
- CEB is mentioned 0.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- CEB has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CEB is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CEB is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CEB is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CEB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CEB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CEB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CEB:
The Corporate Executive Board Company provides member-based advisory services to executives and professionals in the United States, Europe, and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. CEB has a PE ratio of 68.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Corporate Executive Board a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Corporate Executive Board has been 160,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Corporate Executive Board has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 1.4% with 3.05 days to cover. Shares are down 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Corporate Executive Board as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CEB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market, CORPORATE EXECUTIVE BRD CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CORPORATE EXECUTIVE BRD CO is rather high; currently it is at 65.32%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.26% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.94% to $27.74 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CORPORATE EXECUTIVE BRD CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.20%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry. The net income increased by 497.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.38 million to $21.38 million.
- You can view the full Corporate Executive Board Ratings Report.