Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Concur Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CNQR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.5 million.
- CNQR has traded 651,737 shares today.
- CNQR is down 3% today.
- CNQR was up 8.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNQR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNQR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CNQR:
Concur Technologies, Inc. provides integrated travel and expense management solutions for companies worldwide. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Concur Technologies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Concur Technologies has been 506,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Concur has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 23.7% with 12.41 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Concur Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CNQR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.86 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CNQR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.83 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for CONCUR TECHNOLOGIES INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.08%. Regardless of CNQR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CNQR's net profit margin of -0.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, CONCUR TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $25.47 million or 9.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Concur Technologies Ratings Report.