Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Computer Sciences Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CSC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.4 million.
- CSC is down 6.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CSC:
Computer Sciences Corporation provides information technology (IT) and professional services and solutions in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. CSC has a PE ratio of 12.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Computer Sciences Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Computer Sciences Corporation has been 930,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Computer Sciences has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.02 days to cover. Shares are down 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Computer Sciences Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.78% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.91% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.08 versus -$28.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.69 versus $3.08).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.64%. Regardless of CSC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CSC's net profit margin of 6.36% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $270.00 million or 39.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Computer Sciences Corporation Ratings Report.