NEW YORK (
-- Complete Production Services
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, COMPLETE PRODUCTION SERVICES's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 1509.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.76 million to $38.93 million.
- COMPLETE PRODUCTION SERVICES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMPLETE PRODUCTION SERVICES turned its bottom line around by earning $1.07 versus -$2.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $1.07).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1350.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 90.22% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CPX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CPX's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 45.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Complete Production Services, Inc. provides specialized services and products to develop hydrocarbon reserves for oil and gas companies primarily in North America and southeast Asia. It operates in three segments: Completion and Production Services, Drilling Services, and Product Sales. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Complete Production Services has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our