Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Companhia Siderurgica Nacion (SID) - Get Report has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACION (SID) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk."
Virgin Galactic Surges After FAA Approvals Commercial Space Launch License
The Richard Branson-backed aerospace group will launched a crewed test flight later this summer as billionaires continue to push space travel boundaries.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 231.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $223.90 million to -$295.13 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACION underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACION is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -24.53% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $56.15 million or 79.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.88 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, SID has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.61, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SID Ratings Report