Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A- . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get trading ideas for stocks under $10 for less than $6/week. Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CTSH has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.34, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- COGNIZANT TECH SOLUTIONS has improved earnings per share by 22.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COGNIZANT TECH SOLUTIONS increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.38 versus $2.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 21.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $208.05 million to $251.93 million.
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides information technology (IT), consulting, and business process outsourcing services in North America, Europe, and internationally. Cognizant Technology has a market cap of $20.48 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge!
Free Download Now