Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Coeur Mining as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CDE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.2 million.
- CDE has traded 747,524 shares today.
- CDE is up 3.4% today.
- CDE was down 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CDE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CDE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CDE:
Coeur Mining, Inc. owns, operates, explores for, and develops silver and gold properties. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Coeur Mining a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Coeur Mining has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Coeur has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 9% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are up 193.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Coeur Mining as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.26 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, CDE has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.97, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for COEUR MINING INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.56%. Regardless of CDE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, COEUR MINING INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite the weak revenue results, CDE has significantly outperformed against the industry average of 44.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 266.59% to $6.62 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COEUR MINING INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.94%.
- You can view the full Coeur Mining Ratings Report.