Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of Jim Cramer, TheStreet, Inc., or any of its contributors. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Clear Channel Outdoor (CCO) - Get Report has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
TheStreet Ratings team rates CLEAR CHANNEL OUTDOOR HLDGS as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CLEAR CHANNEL OUTDOOR HLDGS (CCO) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 241.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.69 million to $43.31 million.
- 49.99% is the gross profit margin for CLEAR CHANNEL OUTDOOR HLDGS which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.39% trails the industry average.
- CCO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, CCO has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. This company's share value has not moved any higher or lower since its value 12 months ago.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $159.57 million or 2.41% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CCO Ratings Report