Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citizens Community Bancorp (CZWI) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CITIZENS COMMUNITY BANCORP (CZWI) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CITIZENS COMMUNITY BANCORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CITIZENS COMMUNITY BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.20 versus $0.04 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 236.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.17 million to $0.56 million.
- The gross profit margin for CITIZENS COMMUNITY BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 78.22%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CZWI's net profit margin of 8.09% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2.92 million or 17.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 17.83%, CITIZENS COMMUNITY BANCORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 120.22%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CZWI Ratings Report