Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cintas as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CTAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.5 million.
- CTAS has traded 148,929 shares today.
- CTAS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTAS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CTAS:
Cintas Corporation provides corporate identity uniforms and related business services primarily in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. CTAS has a PE ratio of 21.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cintas a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cintas has been 701,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cintas has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.82 and a short float of 6.7% with 7.48 days to cover. Shares are up 22.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Cintas as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 47.61% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.08% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CTAS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CINTAS CORP has improved earnings per share by 47.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CINTAS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.05 versus $2.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.14 versus $3.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 41.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $77.75 million to $110.11 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.57, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CTAS has a quick ratio of 1.68, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Cintas Ratings Report.