Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Centene as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.5 million.
- CNC has traded 10,262 shares today.
- CNC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CNC:
Centene Corporation provides multi-line healthcare programs and services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Managed Care and Specialty Services. CNC has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Centene a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Centene has been 601,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Centene has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 6.5% with 6.32 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Centene as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.02% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.88% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CNC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CENTENE CORP has improved earnings per share by 39.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CENTENE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.71 versus $2.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 43.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $23.00 million to $32.98 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 487.17% to $252.45 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CENTENE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 37.10%.
- You can view the full Centene Ratings Report.