NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CBEY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Despite the fact that CBEY's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.52, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for CBEYOND INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.70%. Regardless of CBEY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.40% trails the industry average.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 33.48% over the past year. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, CBEYOND INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1610.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.10 million to -$1.68 million.
Cbeyond, Inc. provides managed communications and information technology (IT) services to small businesses in the United States. Cbeyond has a market cap of $336.6 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 37.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our