Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Carnival as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $171.6 million.
- CCL traded 25,778 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:19 AM.
- CCL is down 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CCL:
Carnival Corporation operates as a leisure travel and cruise company in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. CCL has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Carnival a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Carnival has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Carnival has a market cap of $38.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.82 and a short float of 6.6% with 4.86 days to cover. Shares are down 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Carnival as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.40 versus $2.26).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 189.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $49.00 million to $142.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 38.56% is the gross profit margin for CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CCL's net profit margin of 3.88% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Carnival Ratings Report.