Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 500.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.34 million to $2.01 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CAMT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CAMT has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 69.82% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CAMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CAMTEK LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMTEK LTD's EPS of $0.00 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.00. This year, the market expects an increase in earnings to $0.13 from $0.00.
Camtek Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets automatic optical inspection (AOI) systems and related products. Camtek has a market cap of $120 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.