Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Brixmor Property Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.5 million.
- BRX has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- BRX traded in a range 300.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.14.
- BRX traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 3 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 3 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BRX:
Brixmor Property Group Inc. owns and operates various grocery-anchored community and neighborhood shopping centers in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. BRX has a PE ratio of 37. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Brixmor Property Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Brixmor Property Group has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Brixmor Property Group has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Brixmor Property Group as a
. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $114.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. This quarter, BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP INC's cash flow growth rate has remained relatively unchanged and is slightly below the industry average.
- 44.35% is the gross profit margin for BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BRX's net profit margin of 18.70% significantly trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is higher, and it has outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- You can view the full Brixmor Property Group Ratings Report.