Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bristol-Myers Squibb Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BMY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $423.0 million.
- BMY traded 49,445 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:11 AM.
- BMY is up 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BMY:
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company discovers, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells biopharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. BMY has a PE ratio of 33.0. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Bristol-Myers Squibb Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company has been 5.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bristol-Myers Squibb has a market cap of $88.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.59 and a short float of 1.9% with 4.15 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Bristol-Myers Squibb Company as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.15, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO's earnings per share declined by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.55 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.79 versus $1.55).
- You can view the full Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Ratings Report.