Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Braskem as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BAK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.3 million.
- BAK has traded 67,781 shares today.
- BAK is trading at 2.00 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BAK is trading at a new high 4.21% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BAK:
Braskem S.A., together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells thermoplastic resins. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.3%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Braskem a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Braskem has been 600,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Braskem has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are down 28.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Braskem as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $179.33 million to $85.58 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.58 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, BAK maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.76, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Braskem Ratings Report.