Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bloomin Brands as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BLMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.7 million.
- BLMN traded 257,850 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:53 AM, representing 14.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLMN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BLMN:
Bloomin' Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates casual, polished casual, and fine dining restaurants. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. BLMN has a PE ratio of 36.2. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Bloomin Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Bloomin Brands has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bloomin has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 5.6% with 1.97 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Bloomin Brands as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC reported lower earnings of $0.71 versus $1.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.29 versus $0.71).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.29%. Regardless of BLMN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BLMN's net profit margin of 2.02% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Bloomin Brands Ratings Report.