Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Blonder Tongue Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.9 million.
- BDR has traded 62,510 shares today.
- BDR is trading at 17.35 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BDR is trading at a new high 4.00% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDR:
Blonder Tongue Laboratories, Inc. operates as a technology-development and manufacturing company in the United States. The company delivers television (TV) signal encoding, transcoding, digital transport, and broadband product solutions for a range of applications.
The average volume for Blonder Tongue Laboratories has been 202,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Blonder Tongue has a market cap of $13.8 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 0.2% with 0.01 days to cover. Shares are up 122% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Blonder Tongue Laboratories as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.00 million or 100.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.41, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BDR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.52 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, BLONDER TONGUE LABS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 43.29% is the gross profit margin for BLONDER TONGUE LABS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BDR's net profit margin of 3.93% significantly trails the industry average.
- BLONDER TONGUE LABS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, BLONDER TONGUE LABS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.46 versus -$0.83 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Blonder Tongue Laboratories Ratings Report.