Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Blackhawk Network Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HAWK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- HAWK has traded 190.133999999999986130205797962844371795654296875 options contracts today.
- HAWK is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HAWK has a PE ratio of 44.
- HAWK is mentioned 1.26 times per day on StockTwits.
- HAWK has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HAWK is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HAWK is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HAWK is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HAWK is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HAWK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HAWK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HAWK:
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. provides a range of prepaid gift, telecom, and debit cards; and related prepaid products and payment services. HAWK has a PE ratio of 44. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Blackhawk Network Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Blackhawk Network Holdings has been 510,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackhawk Network has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.07 and a short float of 16.1% with 3.97 days to cover. Shares are up 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Blackhawk Network Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HAWK's share price has jumped by 51.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- BLACKHAWK NETWORK HLDGS INC's earnings per share declined by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKHAWK NETWORK HLDGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.81 versus $1.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.28 versus $0.81).
- The gross profit margin for BLACKHAWK NETWORK HLDGS INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.53%. Regardless of HAWK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HAWK's net profit margin of 0.78% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Blackhawk Network Holdings Ratings Report.