Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bbva Banco FrancesS.A as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BFR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- BFR has traded 54,530 shares today.
- BFR is trading at 4.23 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BFR is trading at a new low 12.11% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BFR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BFR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BFR:
BBVA Banco Frances S.A., together with its subsidiaries, provides various financial services to corporations, medium and small companies, and individual customers in the Republic of Argentina. The company offers checking and savings accounts, time deposits, and investment accounts. BFR has a PE ratio of 1.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bbva Banco FrancesS.A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Bbva Banco FrancesS.A has been 402,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bbva Banco FrancesS.A has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 47.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Bbva Banco FrancesS.A as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, BBVA BANCO FRANCES SA's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BFR's share price has jumped by 46.82%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BFR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $256.75 million or 21.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BBVA BANCO FRANCES SA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -97.59%.
- BBVA BANCO FRANCES SA reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BBVA BANCO FRANCES SA increased its bottom line by earning $1.74 versus $1.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.90 versus $1.74).
- You can view the full Bbva Banco FrancesS.A Ratings Report.