Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ball as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.7 million.
- BLL has traded 25,757 shares today.
- BLL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BLL:
Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. BLL has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ball a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ball has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 2.9% with 3.61 days to cover. Shares are up 16.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Ball as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 38.29% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BLL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 38.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.73 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.80 versus $2.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Containers & Packaging industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 29.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $72.00 million to $93.50 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.04% to -$136.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BALL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -63.03%.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.