Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Aviv REIT as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AVIV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.7 million.
- AVIV is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AVIV has a PE ratio of 34.7.
- AVIV is mentioned 1.13 times per day on StockTwits.
- AVIV has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AVIV is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AVIV is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AVIV is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AVIV is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVIV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVIV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AVIV:
No company description available. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.1%. AVIV has a PE ratio of 34.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Aviv REIT a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Aviv REIT has been 270,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aviv REIT has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 18.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Aviv REIT as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AVIV REIT INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AVIV REIT INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.79%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AVIV's net profit margin of 15.65% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 31.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.92 million to $6.76 million.
- You can view the full Aviv REIT Ratings Report.