Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 743.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.18 million to -$1.16 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ATTUNITY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.24 million or 551.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ATTUNITY LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATTUNITY LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$0.06 versus $0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.21 versus -$0.06).
- The gross profit margin for ATTUNITY LTD is currently very high, coming in at 95.30%. Regardless of ATTU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ATTU's net profit margin of -13.80% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Attunity Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, develops, markets, and sells information availability software solutions worldwide. Attunity has a market cap of $114.1 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 24.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.