Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, ATLATSA RESOURCES CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ATL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 5826.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 630.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 95.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 899.07% to $26.74 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ATLATSA RESOURCES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -48.51%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.50, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
Atlatsa Resources Corporation engages in the mining, exploration, and development of platinum group metals properties located in the Bushveld Igneous Complex (BIC), South Africa. Atlatsa has a market cap of $217.1 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 31.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.