Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Atlas Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.7 million.
- ATLS traded 135,078 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM, representing 17.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATLS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ATLS:
Atlas Energy, L.P. develops and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids (NGLs) in basins across the United States. It also sponsors and manages tax-advantaged investment partnerships. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.5%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Atlas Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Atlas Energy has been 410,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Atlas Energy has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 3.8% with 2.39 days to cover. Shares are down 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Atlas Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 121.89% to $13.67 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ATLAS ENERGY LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.80%.
- ATLAS ENERGY LP's earnings per share declined by 18.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATLAS ENERGY LP reported poor results of -$1.48 versus -$1.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.05 versus -$1.48).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ATLAS ENERGY LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ATLAS ENERGY LP is rather low; currently it is at 21.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.17% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Atlas Energy Ratings Report.