Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Athlon Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATHL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.0 million.
- ATHL traded 490,100 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM, representing 50% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATHL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATHL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ATHL:
Athlon Energy Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition, development, and exploitation of unconventional oil and liquids-rich natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin. ATHL has a PE ratio of 79.5. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Athlon Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Athlon Energy has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Athlon Energy has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 50.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Athlon Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ATHL's share price has jumped by 44.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame.
- ATHL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 109.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ATHLON ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ATHLON ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.47 versus $0.59).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 66.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.70 million to $7.89 million.
- You can view the full Athlon Energy Ratings Report.