Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ASTC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ASTC has a quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.91% to -$1.93 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.74%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, ASTROTECH CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Astrotech Corporation operates as a commercial aerospace company in the United States. Astrotech has a market cap of $27.3 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. Shares are up 55.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.