Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Astec Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ASTE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- ASTE has traded 54.895499999999998408384271897375583648681640625 options contracts today.
- ASTE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ASTE has a PE ratio of 3.
- ASTE is mentioned 0.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- ASTE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ASTE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ASTE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ASTE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ASTE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASTE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASTE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ASTE:
Astec Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells equipment and components primarily for the road building, aggregate processing, geothermal, water, oil and gas, and wood processing industries in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. ASTE has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Astec Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Astec Industries has been 127,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Astec has a market cap of $969.8 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 4.5% with 3.75 days to cover. Shares are up 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Astec Industries as a
. The company's strongest point has been its very decent return on equity which we feel should persist. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 20.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.10 versus $1.42).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 57.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.50 million to $3.60 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.13%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.67% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Astec Industries Ratings Report.