Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Aspen Insurance Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AHL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- AHL has traded 381,562 shares today.
- AHL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AHL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AHL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AHL:
Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and reinsurance solutions worldwide. It operates in two segments, Reinsurance and Insurance. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AHL has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Aspen Insurance Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Aspen Insurance Holdings has been 428,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aspen has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.44 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Aspen Insurance Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AHL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- ASPEN INSURANCE HOLDINGS LTD' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASPEN INSURANCE HOLDINGS LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $3.38 versus -$1.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.76 versus $3.38).
- AHL's share price has surged by 27.86% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AHL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Aspen Insurance Holdings Ratings Report.