Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ASML as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ASML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $115.7 million.
- ASML traded 289,794 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:56 AM, representing 22.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASML NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ASML:
ASML Holding N.V. designs, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of intercircuits worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate ASML a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for ASML has been 831,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. ASML has a market cap of $37.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates ASML as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ASML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.34, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ASML HOLDING NV's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 49.83% is the gross profit margin for ASML HOLDING NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.29% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 69.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $320.74 million to $543.65 million.
- You can view the full ASML Ratings Report.