Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Annaly Capital Management as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $190.5 million.
- NLY traded 136,854 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:22 AM.
- NLY is down 3.2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NLY:
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. owns, manages, and finances a portfolio of real estate related investments in United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 11.6%. NLY has a PE ratio of 3.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Annaly Capital Management a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Annaly Capital Management has been 12.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $11.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.18 and a short float of 4.1% with 2.37 days to cover. Shares are down 14.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Annaly Capital Management as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 1897.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$91.16 million to $1,638.21 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT increased its bottom line by earning $1.69 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year ($1.69 versus $1.69).
- NLY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 23.59% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3,820.86 million or 192.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report.