Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 57.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $445.56 million to $700.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT is currently very high, coming in at 95.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 76.74% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 121.67% to $352.76 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 36.21%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. owns, manages, and finances a portfolio of real estate related investments in United States. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $14.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.00, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 11.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.