Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B- . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 124.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$921.81 million to $224.76 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 115.73% to $3,597.99 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.72%.
- ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT reported lower earnings of $0.49 versus $1.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.54 versus $0.49).
- The gross profit margin for ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT is currently very high, coming in at 93.20%. Regardless of NLY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NLY's net profit margin of 24.10% compares favorably to the industry average.
Annaly Capital Management, Inc., a real estate investment trust, engages in the ownership, management, and financing of a portfolio of investment securities. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $14.39 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade