Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Anacor Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.2 million.
- ANAC has traded 8,389 shares today.
- ANAC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ANAC:
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. ANAC has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 499,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 18.5% with 12.30 days to cover. Shares are up 14.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 200.69% to $12.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 118.34%.
- ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.82 versus -$1.77 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 229.4% in earnings (-$2.36 versus $1.82).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 86.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$16.81 million to -$31.34 million.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.