NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Amira Nature Foods Ltd. (ANFI) - Get Amira Nature Foods Ltd. Report are higher by 22.04% to $11.96 in mid-morning trading on Wednesday, after the company raised its guidance for the fiscal 2015 full year.
Amira Nature, a provider of packaged Indian specialty rice, said it is expecting its revenue and adjusted EBITDA for fiscal 2015 to grow by more than 25%.
This compares to the company's previous growth projection of 20%.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer's Best Stocks For 2015
The company said it is expecting the revenue and earnings increase to be "driven by ongoing distribution gains and market expansion across India and our international markets."
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AMIRA NATURE FOODS LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AMIRA NATURE FOODS LTD (ANFI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AMIRA NATURE FOODS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AMIRA NATURE FOODS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.05 versus $0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.35 versus $1.05).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AMIRA NATURE FOODS LTD has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3.31 million or 177.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.11 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, ANFI has a quick ratio of 0.52, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ANFI Ratings Report