Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Tower as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $188.9 million.
- AMT has traded 2,734 shares today.
- AMT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMT:
American Tower Corporation is a real estate investment trust. It invests in the real estate markets across the globe. The firm through its subsidiaries owns, operates and develops wireless and broadcast communications real estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. AMT has a PE ratio of 55.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate American Tower a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Tower has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. American Tower has a market cap of $40.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.95 days to cover. Shares are up 28.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates American Tower as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN TOWER CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.90% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $497.22 million or 38.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.70%.
- AMERICAN TOWER CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN TOWER CORP reported lower earnings of $1.38 versus $1.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $1.38).
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.