Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Railcar Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ARII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.5 million.
- ARII has traded 3,849 shares today.
- ARII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARII NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ARII:
American Railcar Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells hopper and tank railcars in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ARII has a PE ratio of 11.5. Currently there are no analysts that rate American Railcar Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Railcar Industries has been 274,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Railcar has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.96 and a short float of 24.8% with 7.49 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates American Railcar Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, AMERICAN RAILCAR INDS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 48.48% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ARII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full American Railcar Industries Ratings Report.