Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Express as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AXP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $270.9 million.
- AXP has traded 3.6 million shares today.
- AXP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AXP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AXP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AXP:
American Express Company provides charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services to customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. AXP has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate American Express a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Express has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. American Express has a market cap of $89.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 1% with 3.10 days to cover. Shares are up 46% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates American Express as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, AXP is up 49.96% to its most recent closing price of 83.95. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 9.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,250.00 million to $1,366.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2,026.00 million or 152.32% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.