Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Campus Communities as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ACC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.5 million.
- ACC has traded 26.850699999999999789679350215010344982147216796875 options contracts today.
- ACC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ACC has a PE ratio of 43.
- ACC is mentioned 1.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- ACC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ACC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ACC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ACC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ACC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ACC:
American Campus Communities, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It primarily engages in developing, owning, and managing high-quality student housing communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. ACC has a PE ratio of 43. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate American Campus Communities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Campus Communities has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. American Campus has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.26 and a short float of 4.4% with 2.21 days to cover. Shares are up 6.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates American Campus Communities as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 5.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $26.85 million to $28.36 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES increased its bottom line by earning $1.02 versus $0.55 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 27.4% in earnings ($0.74 versus $1.02).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full American Campus Communities Ratings Report.