Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified American Assets as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.2 million.
- AAT has traded 0.0149000000000000000499600361081320443190634250640869140625 options contracts today.
- AAT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AAT has a PE ratio of 53.
- AAT is mentioned 0.65 times per day on StockTwits.
- AAT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AAT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AAT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AAT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AAT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AAT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AAT:
American Assets Trust, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. The company owns, operates, acquires, and develops retail, office, multifamily, and mixed-use properties primarily in southern California, northern California, and Hawaii. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. AAT has a PE ratio of 53. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate American Assets a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for American Assets has been 183,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Assets has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.38 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.36 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates American Assets as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $34.26 million or 5.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 9.08%.
- 39.87% is the gross profit margin for AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of AAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AAT's net profit margin of 10.87% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN ASSETS TRUST INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full American Assets Ratings Report.