Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ambarella as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMBA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.8 million.
- AMBA has traded 260,445 shares today.
- AMBA is trading at 2.20 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AMBA is trading at a new high 5.06% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMBA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMBA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMBA:
Ambarella, Inc. develops semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD) video capture, sharing, and display worldwide. AMBA has a PE ratio of 43.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ambarella a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ambarella has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ambarella has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 17.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Ambarella as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMBA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AMBARELLA INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.82% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $8.58 million or 32.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Ambarella Ratings Report.