Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ambarella as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMBA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.9 million.
- AMBA has traded 708,558 shares today.
- AMBA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMBA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMBA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AMBA:
Ambarella, Inc. develops semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD) video capture, sharing, and display. AMBA has a PE ratio of 32.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ambarella a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ambarella has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ambarella has a market cap of $700.8 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 122.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Ambarella as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, AMBARELLA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMBA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.15, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.72 million to $9.13 million.
- The gross profit margin for AMBARELLA INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.71%. Regardless of AMBA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.84% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Ambarella Ratings Report.