Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alliant Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.6 million.
- LNT has traded 94,475 shares today.
- LNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LNT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LNT:
Alliant Energy Corporation, a utility holding company, provides regulated electricity and natural gas services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the Midwest region of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. LNT has a PE ratio of 17.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Alliant Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Alliant Energy has been 568,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliant Energy has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 24.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Alliant Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LNT's share price has jumped by 27.34%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LNT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $315.70 million or 43.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.66%.
- ALLIANT ENERGY CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANT ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.28 versus $2.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.47 versus $3.28).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALLIANT ENERGY CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- LNT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Alliant Energy Ratings Report.