Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alliance Resource Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ARLP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.9 million.
- ARLP has traded 7,634 shares today.
- ARLP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARLP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARLP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ARLP:
Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. is engaged in the production and marketing of coal primarily to utilities and industrial users in the United States. It operates 10 underground mining complexes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5%. ARLP has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Alliance Resource Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Alliance Resource Partners has been 159,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliance Resource has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 3% with 4.78 days to cover. Shares are up 26.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Alliance Resource Partners as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.04% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ARLP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALLIANCE RESOURCE PTNRS -LP has improved earnings per share by 12.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANCE RESOURCE PTNRS -LP increased its bottom line by earning $3.22 versus $3.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.25 versus $3.22).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $102.94 million to $115.90 million.
- 39.44% is the gross profit margin for ALLIANCE RESOURCE PTNRS -LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.38% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Alliance Resource Partners Ratings Report.