Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Allergan as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $340.2 million.
- AGN has traded 3,238 shares today.
- AGN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AGN:
Allergan, Inc. operates as a multi-specialty health care company primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. AGN has a PE ratio of 38.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Allergan a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Allergan has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Allergan has a market cap of $49.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.90 days to cover. Shares are up 52.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Allergan as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.39, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 91.19% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALLERGAN INC has improved earnings per share by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLERGAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.20 versus $3.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.80 versus $4.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 15.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $359.90 million to $417.20 million.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.