Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Albany International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- AIN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AIN has a PE ratio of 34.6.
- AIN is mentioned 0.29 times per day on StockTwits.
- AIN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AIN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AIN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AIN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AIN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AIN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AIN:
Albany International Corp. is engaged in the textile and materials processing businesses worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Machine Clothing and Engineered Composites. The Machine Clothing segment designs, manufactures, and markets paper machine clothing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. AIN has a PE ratio of 34.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Albany International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Albany International has been 90,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Albany International has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 2.7% with 11.83 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Albany International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ALBANY INTL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALBANY INTL CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.55 versus -$1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.46 versus $0.55).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 252.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.38 million to $11.22 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.51, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.50, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $32.69 million or 16.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.67%.
- 47.16% is the gross profit margin for ALBANY INTL CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.79% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Albany International Ratings Report.